This Week In The Podverse, May 13, 2022
This week’s top stories, tips and events are all here. Dig In!
- Discovery Tour | Data Edition: Africa Podfest’s survey reveals that Nigeria has the highest listeners of locally produced podcasts on the continent. Read More
- My good friend Debola Adebanjo, who is obsessed with podcasts, by the way, contributes to ‘Quite Unsuitable For Females’, a 5-part series that explores the Football Museum’s extensive archive, telling untold stories of the Women’s game, linking stories of the past to the present. Read More | Listen.
- Did one of the members of the Terms & Conditions podcast flirt with an artist’s mum on the show? Read More
- Edison Podcast Metrics reveals the Top 50 podcasts in the US Q1, 2022. Read More
- According to Edison Podcast Metrics, Comedy is the number one podcast genre enjoyed by listeners in the US. Read More
- Neilson’s Podcasting Today says that podcasting is attracting more new listeners [over 50%] than ever. Read More
- Tom Webster, former SVP at Edison Research joins Sounds Profitable.
- James Cridland creates podcast trailers for podcast listeners. Read More
- Red Circle is helping podcasters monetize their content. Read More
- Apple discontinues the iPod after 21 years but says, “the music lives on”. Read More
- More than 250 podcasters are in Tink Media’s Podcast Partnership database. It’s designed to help independent creators set up promo, feed, and guest swaps to grow their audiences together. Read More
- Rephonic reports that podcast positive ratings have dropped since 2016. Read More
- Creators and Experts Talk the Future of Podcasting at Spotify’s All Ears Summit in Berlin. Read More
- Is Goodpods working on a desktop version? Read More
- Acast launches Conversational Targeting to improve advertising relevance. Read More
- Edmund Oris thinks more football lovers in Nigeria should start podcasts. Here’s why… Thread
- In the Podcast Business Journal this week, Traci De Forge answers questions about Facebook, producing high energy interviews and being authentic. Read more
- Jame Mulvany says you should stop checking downloads. Read More
- What do Power Rangers and Podcasting Have In Common? Read More
- Tanner Campbell weighs in on the Daniel J Lewis controversy in a thinkpiece. Read More
- Older podcast listeners and creators find their niche. Read More
- How podcasts and panels are changing the legal industry. Read More
- Evo Terra says there are lean times ahead for podcasting o. Here’s why.
- Check out Fuzz Martin’s timely intervention for podcasters. Thread
- Rachel Corbett says your logo is “the first impression people have of your show so you want to make sure it looks professional and conveys as much as it can about the content of your show.” Check out her tips on How To Design A Great Podcast Logo. Read More
- The team over at MatchMaker.fm has devised a handy little guide to ensure your podcast guest’s one-sheet has everything you need to dazzle podcast hosts and have them queuing up to book you on their show. In order to appear on most high quality shows you’ll need to prove that you can be a high-quality guest, with a Podcast Guest One Sheet.
- Check out Elaine Appleton Grant’s tips on How to improve your podcast. Read More
- If you’re looking to up your podcast marketing game on Twitter, follow these recommendations by Arielle Nissenblatt. Thread
Tired of lugging business cards around when attending podcast conferences? Try using a digital business card instead. Read More
Need help with coming up with a great name for your podcast? Try this “AI-Powered Podcast Name Generator”
Recap: PodxArt Experience By Esther “The Value Adder” Opone
Beautiful conversation and art came together on Saturday, May 7, 2022, at the PodxArt Experience. This was put together in celebration of the 1st anniversary of The Value Café Podcast, a platform for conversations around growth, impact and hacking this “human-ing” experience. The podcast is hosted by Esther Opone, aka The Value Adder.
This experience was held at the Tunde Odunlade Art Gallery, Bodija, Ibadan, as attendees bonded and engaged in stimulating conversation, surrounded by beautiful art and music.
The major highlight was the live podcast recording session, the first of its kind in the city. Everyone brought their perspectives to the topic “The Voices In Our Heads: Redefining Fun and Success”. It was rich, vibey and insightful getting different thoughts across the room.
This was followed by a guided tour around the gallery, to view and know the stories behind the art on display.
Overall, it was a fun experience full of networking, learning, munching on yummies and relaxing activities. It was supported by Little Bits of Stuff with Nick podcast, Extrawande Parfait, Charles Pogah Photography, McEpha Entertainment, TEO brand and The Chills Plug.
Recap: A Beginner’s Guide To Podcasting Workshop By Gracie
Gracie Imo of the Grow&Glow Podcast, says her Podcasting Workshop in April was a success.
After going through initial bouts of confusion herself when she first started out, Gracie was able to create a strategy that worked out for her and chose to share her process in the workshop.
Some of the participants have gone on to launch podcasts of their own, using the lessons taught.
Cohort 2 of the podcast workshop is coming soon and the date will be announced on her social media page.
Coming Soon: The Road To 30 Podcast LIVE! By Isaac Adekanye
The Road to 30 Podcast, One of the most consistent and relatable podcasts in Nigeria is having its first live show in July.
The podcast hosted by Isaac and Dolly, which discusses everything from friendships and relationships to finances and general struggles of the average youth, turned 3 recently and celebrated 150 episodes.
The Live show takes place on the 3rd of July, 2022 in Lekki Phase 1 Lagos. Tickets will be announced in the coming weeks but to get the inside scoop on ticket releases and giveaways sign up for their newsletter here
Quite Unsuitable For Females | Dick, Kerr Ladies: Perceptions of The Game
The 234 Essential Podcast | Naughty Corner
Afrobeats Intelligence | #8: Foza Fawehunmi — The Law of Afrobeats
Surviving Eko with Fecko podcast | Lagos vs Accra featuring Yung Pabi.
Afrobeats Weekly | First of all, introduction
The Newbie Sistas Podcast | The Japa (skilled way) Episode
The Tony Doe Podcast | K Boogie — #018
The Seun Osigbesan Podcast | How Faith Works
If you will like to support the newsletter or place ads, please shoot us an email, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share Your Podcast Story here
Submit your podcast to the Naija Pod Hub Directory here
Nominate your favourites for the 2022 APVA Awards here
Become A Pod Person
Join The Podcast Academy Community